Solutions for Solicitor Practices for firms with 1-3 partners/directors
We have access to a very wide range of insurers including the following markets for firms with 1-3 partners/directors: QBE (see below) - Endurance - Travelers - Allianz - Zurich - China RE – Pelican/Munich Re – Pen/IGI - WR Berkely
Our new product for 1-3 firms
We have partnered with QBE to set up a new facility specifically for one to three partner firms. This means that Howden is now the chosen broker that can obtain quotations from QBE for one to three partner firms that aren’t already insured with them.
Our new product offers highly competitive premiums and makes it simple to obtain a quote.
How to obtain a quote?
1. Complete the short form on the right
2. Complete a downloadable form and send to email@example.com/ Howden Broking Group Limited,FAO: John Wooldridge, 16 Eastcheap, London, EC3M 1BD
• QBE has been providing insurance to the legal profession for over 40 years;
• QBE is the leading solicitors PI insurer in the UK;
• QBE’s service offerings includes their market-leading risk assessment tool, QRisk;
• QBE offers market leading knowledge teamed with extensive claims handling experience & state of the art risk management.
Solutions for Solicitor Practices with 4 or more partners/directors
Our team have specialised in advising on and placing Professional Indemnity insurance (PII) on behalf of legal services firms since the demutualisation of the Solicitors' Indemnity Fund in 2000. With a full time team of over 20 people dedicated to servicing the sector, we manage insurance on behalf of a broad range of practices from sole traders through to several of the UK’s top 100 firms. Our expertise covers the full range of company structures from partnership to alternative business structure and the entire gamut of legal disciplines.
We offer exclusive ‘A’ rated PII facilities for the sector
• Exclusive and enhanced access to 5 “A” rated insurers
• Significant accounts with
• AIG, Allianz, AmTrust Europe Ltd, Aviva, Axis, China Re, CV Starr, Endurance, Pelican/Munich Re, Pen Underwriting Ltd/IGI, Travelers, WR Berkley, QBE, XL and Zurich
• Strong negotiating position with the market due to size of our book
• Direct access to majority of Participating Insurers
• For those firms that are not eligible for our exclusive A rated facilities we have the expertise, knowledge and underwriter relationships to seek quotes from the vast majority of participating insurers. We have a proven ability to handle insurance programs for global businesses and to handle non-standard insurance arrangements ranging from deductible infill polices to excess of loss cover.
Read more about the reasons we think you should invite us to quote.
Specialists you can trust
•Howden is a trusted and respected name in the solicitors sector. Our client base comprises of over 650 legal services firms from sole practitioners to Top 100 firms, placing £45m+ premium per annum on behalf of the legal sector.
•Howden has a specialist team who only deal with Solicitors PI and we have a presence in all regions so if required we can visit all of our clients in person.
•We also have a specialist Solicitors claims team who are on hand to provide timely advice and support when you need it most.
Howden provide an annual market update for solicitors’ professional indemnity insurance (PII). As a specialist broker in the market we recognise that PII is an important and costly purchase for the legal profession. We are keen to ensure that our clients are kept up to date with developments in both the insurance market itself and changes in the profession that might cause the market to react.
In this report we:
•Bring you up to date with the current status of the solicitors’ PII market.
•Put the current position into context with an overview of historic premiums and claims data.
•Identify changes that could impact upon the market and your purchase of PII.
•Explain the strength of the Howden PII proposition
Click here to download